Group Flight Schedule Time Change

Group flights and other events for Mountain Air pilots.

Group Flight Schedule Time Change

Postby MTN2071 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:42 pm

We are going to try a new start time for our Sunday afternoon Group Flights.

Starting with the January 20 Group Flight, and until further notice, the start time will now be 12:00 noon Mountain Standard Time (Denver, USA) / 19:00 UTC .
MTN2071

Re: Group Flight Schedule Time Change

Postby MTN2035 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Arghh. I usually get done with the wife's Sunday morning a little too late to join you guys, was hoping the change was later rather than earlier.
MTN2035

Postby MTN2071 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 am

Hi Craig,

It is difficult to find an acceptable time that fits everyone's schedule. We thought we might try this shift to have our Group Flights a little earlier for east coasters, but hopefully not too early for the west coast.

Perhaps you could sit down with the wife in a calm and rational manner, and as two adults, and simply explain to her that her priorities will need to change to support your MTN needs...:)
MTN2071

Postby MTN2035 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 am

If I told her I wanted to she would let me, but as she lets me have my evenings most of the time for FSim and Golf in summer I have always let her have Sunday's. Usually go for Brunch after Church.
MTN2035

Postby MTN1794 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 pm

I have church conflicts too on Sundays. Perhaps we could offer two identical events but on two different days and times? Bruce
MTN1794

Postby MTN2071 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:29 am

Hi Bruce,

Finding a good time that fits everyone's schedule has been extremely elusive. Not sure where it will end up, but let me float your suggestion by MTN management top-dogs that have a lot more experience with this stuff than I do and see if this is something we want to consider.

Let me float an idea past you (and others that read this post)... currently the window for the Sunday group flight is now from Noon to 3 pm MST... what if we were to keep the flight on Sunday, since from experience that appears to be the most popular day, but widen the Sunday window from noon until 6 pm? That would provide more of a window of time for a pilot to start the flight. Would that help? I have no idea how management would receive this idea and I might get fired, but I thought I would ask.......... :)
MTN2071

Return to Events