Challenge Event: Island Hopping

Group flights and other events for Mountain Air pilots.

Moderators: MTN2451, MTN2245

Challenge Event: Island Hopping

Postby MTN2451 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Our first Challenge Event of the season takes us south of the border to the Caribbean! We begin at Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport on the island of Grande-Terre in Guadeloupe, France (TFFR). After taking off from there, we stopover at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico (TJSJ). From there, we hop over to Henry E. Rohlsen Airport on the island of St. Croix in the United States Virgin Islands (TISX).

As usual, you will receive 20 bonus points for participating, even if you can only join us for one of the two legs, provided that you complete the flight within the 3-hour event time window. You may fly the flight in any aircraft using any route at any altitude you prefer, although the recommended ones are listed below.

Since this is a Challenge Event, to participate in and be eligible to win the Challenge, you must do the following:

1) Log your flight using FSACARS
2) Fly the first leg using any official Mountain Air jet aircraft
3) Fly the second leg using any official Mountain Air prop or turboprop aircraft

The winner of this Challenge Event will be the pilot with the best average landing rate from the two flights combined – this person will receive 5 additional bonus points and the Challenge Event ribbon added to his/her pilot page!

Click the flight number link below to be taken to that flight page on the Mountain Air website. Don't forget to reserve your slot for these flights as well.

Please join us on TeamSpeak during the event for some friendly Caribbean island-hopping competition!

EVENT DATE: Saturday, September 9, 2017
EVENT START TIME: 2:30pm Mountain Time (2030 UTC)

FLIGHT #1 NUMBER AND DISTANCE: 6205 (TFFR-TJSJ) 310 nm
FLIGHT #1 RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT: Bombardier CRJ-700 (CRJ7)
FLIGHT #1 RECOMMENDED ALTITUDE: 18,000 feet
FLIGHT #1 RECOMMENDED ROUTE: MODUX COY RTE4 VEDAS SJU
FLIGHT #1 ROUTES FLOWN TODAY: https://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=TFFR&destination=TJSJ

FLIGHT #2 APPROXIMATE START TIME: 4:00pm Mountain Time (2200 UTC)
FLIGHT #2 NUMBER AND DISTANCE: 6202 (TJSJ-TISX) 108 nm
FLIGHT #2 RECOMMENDED AIRCRAFT: Bombardier Dash8 (DH8B)
FLIGHT #2 RECOMMENDED ALTITUDE: 11,000 feet
FLIGHT #2 RECOMMENDED ROUTE: SJU RTE2 COY
FLIGHT #2 ROUTES FLOWN TODAY: https://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=TJSJ&destination=TISX

Cheers,
MTN2451

Re: Challenge Event: Island Hopping

Postby MTN2090 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:40 am

Is this event still on in view of the hurricanes??

Also, the slot functions do not cover time of this event. For example, I am picking slot for TFFR to TJSJ event which is from 2:30 PM MTN to 5:30 PM MTN (3 hours) but the slot time STOPS at 3:03 pm MTN :shock: :shock: and I want to pick 4:15 MTN or 4:30 MTN time slot.

Regards,

Aharon
MTN2090

Postby MTN2451 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:28 am

All 3 airports involved are currently open, so yes, this event is still on. Personally, I plan on making a donation to an organization called Direct Relief who are helping to provide food and supplies to those folks devastated by these hurricanes. If anyone is interested in joining me, here is a link to their website: https://www.directrelief.org/

The purpose of the slot system is to help prevent people from pushing back from the gate at the same time. Slot times for the first leg are only available around the scheduled start of the event, which in this case is 2:30pm MT. If you want to fly that late past the start time, just don't use the slot system in that case.
MTN2451

Postby MTN2090 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks for answer, Glen

I finished BOTH flights for this event but in my PREIP from TFFR to TJSJ, I forgot to include link of vataware proof for this flight so here is the link for proof of the event flight: vataware.com/flight/59b468c153523364b9000007

Please issue me 20 bonus points for the participation of 2 flights for this event.

Thanks,

Aharon
MTN2090

Return to Events